Committed to our history, looking to the future: the SOCIETÄTSDRUCK as a business unit of Frankfurter Societäts-Druckerei GmbH has existed for over 150 years. Until our enforced suspension in 1943 we had been producing one of the most important German papers: the »Frankfurter Zeitung«. Since 1955, SOCIETÄTSDRUCK is producing the »Frankfurter Neue Presse«. Our most important print job is the »Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung«, which we have produced since 1962.
- 1856: Founded in Frankfurt am Main by Leopold Sonnemann
- 1958: The publishing premises in the Frankenallee become company headquarters
- 1993: The opening of the print centre in Mörfelden sets international standards
- 2006: Commercial printing is transferred to the subsidiary WVD
- 2011: Repositioning Frankfurter Societäts-Druckerei GmbH in three new companies: Frankfurter Societät GmbH (holding), Frankfurter Societäts-Medien GmbH (publishing) and Frankfurter Societäts-Druckerei GmbH (print)
- 2015: Matthias Jäger and Ulrich Türk bought the WVD in a management buy-out of the Frankfurter GmbH Societäts-Druckerei GmbH